Monday, April 17, 2006


As I reflect upon my life,I just want to share about my first mission trip experience.In April 2005,8 of us (2 full-time staff and 6 students) embarked on a three-week long trip to mongolia.
Our aims were to reach out to students from the 3 prestigious national universities in Mongolia,the Mongolian National University,the Mongolian Technical University and the Mongolian Teachers' University.
Besides that, we also hoped to encourage our brothers and sisters in Christ to persevere in their faith as materialism creeps into Mongolian society.We were quite surprised when things turned out better than we expected...our Mongolian brothers and sisters were an inspiration as they were bold in proclaiming the gospel.truly, they were not ashamed of the gospel..and their love for one another....truly touches my heart(sobs)...truly they fear God more than we do...
The weather was good(maybe a bit too cold).The food was ok(mutton and beef all day).The taxi rides were cheap(average of 1 us dollar per ride).The accomodation was comparable to what we have in Singapore but what draws me back there is the love and fellowship of my brothers and sisters over there(one of them taught me to play a bit of drums and one of the mongolian traditional instruments)
..oh well...a picture speaks a thousand words...happy viewing
joel

7:57 PM